There were too many quality CEOs to choose from when we went about selecting the “CEORater Technology CEO of the Year” for 2019. Rather than selecting a single “Technology CEO of the Year”, we elected to select five top CEOs across five Technology categories: 1.) “PropTech”, 2.) “FinTech: Payments”, 3.) “Platform Companies”, 4.) “FinTech: Capital Markets/ Asset Mgt.”, 5.) “Information Services”.
We contemplated a variety of variables including quantitative metrics such as: Total Stock Return, Return on Invested Capital, EBITDA growth and Operating Cash Flow growth. In addition, we considered qualitative elements such as: demonstrated ability to effectively execute accretive acquisitions, demonstrated ability to leverage a decentralized operating model, demonstrated ability to meet or beat short-term investor expectations while investing for the long-term and enhancing competitive positioning/ extending the competitive moat. Our winners:
- PropTech: Andrew Florance, CoStar Group (ticker: CSGP)
- FinTech, Payments: Ajay Banga, Mastercard (ticker: MA)
- Platform Companies: Satya Nadella, Microsoft (ticker: MSFT)
- FinTech, Capital Markets/ Asset Management: Bill Stone, SS&C Technologies (ticker: SSNC)
- Information Services: Lance Uggla, IHS Markit (ticker: INFO)
PDF format of the below presentation CLICK HERE.