It is difficult to imagine the U.S. or global economies quickly gaining steam given the “Three Phased Approach” that the U.S. is taking to reopen the economy. We provide a link to the Whitehouse document below. We plan to cover the COVID tracking apps that Apple, Google and others in the private sector have proposed in a separate article.
Three Phased Approach for Reopening the U.S. (source: Whitehouse.gov): CLICK HERE
- Governor discretion: Governors will have discretion over implementation of the phased approach.
- Gating Criteria: Proposed that states comply with “Gating Criteria” prior to embarking on the three phased approach to reopening. The three key gating criteria elements:
- Symptoms: Downward trajectory of influenza-like illnesses (ILI) reported within a 14-day period AND Downward trajectory of covid-like syndromic cases reported within a 14-day period;
- Cases: Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period OR Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period (flat or increasing volume of tests);
- Hospitals: Treat all patients without crisis care AND Robust testing program in place for at-risk healthcare workers, including emerging antibody testing.
Press conference reviewing the phased approach. Speaker: Deborah Birx, a public-health expert on the White House COVID-19 task force. (source: Bloomberg News)