We believe that many companies will leverage work from home’s lower cost structure by making this option available to employees. We highlight two technology companies that exclusively operate in a distributed fashion: GitLab and Automattic.
GitLab and Automattic place a premium on documenting everything from organizational structure to output-driven expectations to corporate culture and day-to-day work flows.
- GitLab distributed employees: 1,295.
- DevOps: GitLab is building a leading collaboration tool for DevOps that is used by more than 100,000 organizations including Goldman Sachs, Siemens and Sony.
- Global Distributed Team: GitLab’s distributed team operates across 67 countries and regions.
- Well-defined Org Structure: GitLab does a better job of articulating the company’s organizational structure and operational priorities than any other company I can think of. Visit GitLab’s Organizational Structure and Output pages. GitLab’s Culture page is also interesting.
- Automattic distributed employees: 1,170.
- WordPress: Automattic developed an opensource Content Management platform that includes WordPress (TEK2day is built on WordPress), Tumblr, Crowdsignal and more.
- The Automattic Creed: Automattic, like GitLab, has articulated its culture in “The Automattic Creed.”
- Founder-driven culture: Automattic was founded by Matt Mullenweg. Read about why Matt believes that every company should have a creed HERE.
One thought on “Work From Home Is Here To Stay”
Comments are closed.