The Fed pared its Treasury holdings over the past week at a faster pace compared to any other week during this QT period.
- The Fed’s Treasury holdings were approximately $37.9 billion lower over the past week and $56.8 billion lower on a rolling 4-week total basis.
- The Fed’s Government Agency holdings were unchanged over the past week and $11.1 billion lower on a rolling 4-week total basis.
- The Treasury yield curve moved higher over the past few trading sessions as the Fed reduced its Balance Sheet holdings, thereby shrinking the money supply and pushing yields higher.
- The Fed’s balance sheet holdings: https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/soma-holdings
- Our Excel file detailing the Fed’s holdings of Treasuries and Agency securities: HERE
You must be logged in to post a comment.