Tonight after the close Microsoft (MSFT) made our case for us, specifically that the uncertain macro environment is causing corporate buyers to take a cautious approach to spending.
- We told you that management teams would feature the word “cautious” during the December ’22 earnings calls and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella did just that in the first paragraph of his prepared remarks (HERE) where Nadella spoke of customer organizations’ cautious approach to spending.
- MSFT won’t be the last Enterprise Software company to sound a cautious tone on December quarter earnings call this month and next.
- Microsoft issued conservative guidance as we said they would earlier this week (HERE) and faced macro headwinds in the December quarter as we wrote about in mid-November (HERE).
We won’t break down Microsoft’s numbers here given that this is a free newsletter. However, if you are interested in diving in to the details, we have listed the relevant Microsoft documents below:
- MSFT EPS Call Slides: HERE
- MSFT EPS Call Transcript: HERE
- MSFT Financials: HERE
- MSFT Financial Outlook: HERE