Not Apples to Apples but the Below Tells A Story..
- YouTube (GOOG): More than 1.9 billion logged-in YouTubers each month. 200 million+ logged-in users watch people play games on YouTube each day. (YouTube/Stadia has one foot in today and one in tomorrow with traditional content and video games on the platform).
- Netflix (NFLX): 139 million subscribers; (traditional content)
- Hulu: 25 million subscribers; (traditional content)
- Twitch (AMZN): 15 million daily active users (“DAUs”); (video games)
- ESPN+ (DIS): 2+ million subscribers; (traditional content)
- Apple’s New Content Service (AAPL): Another traditional content player. Where is management’s focus on “tomorrow”?